COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES FOR ALL
ORGANIZATION SCHEDULED ACTIVITIES INFORMATION LOCATION
- VT North Country Chamber of Commerce April 17 & 18, 2015 North Country Expo, 334-7782 email@example.com Jay Peak
- VT North Country Chamber of Commerce 13-May-15 Annual Meeting, Hospital usually sponsors a table Eastside
- VT North Country Chamber of Commerce 1-Aug-15 Aquafest, Hospital sponsored VT 105 Amazing Race in 2014 and it was an overwhelming success Downtown Newport
ORGANIZATION LOCATION PHONE NUMBER ACTIVITIES WEBSITE
- Craftsbury Outdoor Center, Craftsbury 586-7767 Nordic skiing, canoeing, walking, sculling, summer camps craftsbury.com
- “Grow Your Own”, Center for an Agricultural Economy Ruby @ 472-5940 or Bethany 472-5362 First Saturday of the month 11:30 – 1:30 p.m. Exploring how to grow food and what to do with it. Please call to reserve a spot. hardwickagriculture.org firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Indoor Winter Walking, North Country Career Center/Newport adjacent to North Country High School 334-5469 ext. 3309 Open to anyone who wants indoor walking during winter. Free to residents of the Supervisory Union. Mondays and Thursdays 5:30-7:30 p.m. http://nc3.ncsuvt.org
- Indoor Year Round Walking, Municipal Building Gym/Newport Walking during inclement weather. Every Tuesday and Thursday, 10-noon newportvermont.org firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jam Session, Lowell Parish Hall 625-2596 (Sandy Vear) Every Third Sunday from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. Please come sing or play an instrument or be the audience. Admission by donation
- Kingdom Trails Association, Tim Tierney East Burke 626-0737 4 season biking, hiking, trail running, nordic skiing, snow shoe kingdomtrails.org
- Kingdom Velo Bike Club, (ALL abilities) Greater Newport/Derby Hmaroot@gmail.com This is a group of cyclists of all abilities that like to enjoy the beautiful scenery from their bikes. Opportunity for large and small group rides. Facebook @ KVG
- Line Dancing, Westfield Westfield Community Center, 59 North Hill Road, Troy Pat Sanders 988-4193 or Connie LaPlume 744-2484 Every Wednesday 6:00-7:00 p.m. $5.00 donation, no previous experience
- Memphremagog Ski Touring Foundation, Greater Newport/Derby email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org This is a group of cross country skiers who use the local MSTF trails. MSTF also sponsors Bill Koch Youth Ski League (FREE for elementary students) and also sponsors seasonal fun events. Facebook @ Memphremagog Ski Touring Foundation And mstf.net
- NEK Camera Club, Cobleigh Public Library, Main Street, Lyndonville 754-2616 (Casey) Every First Tuesday from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. This is an amateur photography club.
- NEK Permaculture Club, Craftsbury Public Library email@example.com Every Second Thursday from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Short educational presentations and discussions. Everyone welcome and it’s FREE
- Newport Parks and Recreation Department, Andrew Cappelo, Director Newport 334-6345 tennis, track/field, soccer, baseball, ice rink, hockey, play groups, swimming, volleyball, basketball for youth and adults newportvermont.org firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Country Hospital Wellness Center, Mary Hoadley, Manager Newport 334-5566 Fitness programs for all ages including yoga, pilates, cycling, tae kwon do, swimming nchsi.org
North Country Quilters Derby Every first Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at Church of God, 295 Crawford Road, Derby
- Northwoods Stewardship Center, Maria Young, Education and Outreach Director East Charleston 723-6551 Camping, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, snowshoeing, nordic skiing, nature and environmental programs for all ages northwoodscenter.org email@example.com
- Siskin/Coutts-Moriarty East Charleston 673-5638 (Jason and Annie) Year round youth and family programs including hiking, canoeing, kayaking, snowshoeing, nature programs siskinea.org
- St. Johnsbury Parks and Recreation Department, Joe Fox, Director St. Johnsbury 751-2305 tennis, track/field, soccer, baseball, ice rink, hockey, play groups, swimming, volleyball, basketball for youth and adults recfitstj.org firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stamp Club, Newport 334-6001 Memphremagog Stamp Club meets Second and Fourth Thursdays of each month, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. at CALLICO, 326 Bluff Road, Newport. Everyone is welcome.
- Tai Chi (Bagua meditation), 525-1234 (Marc Bourdelle) Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Please call for locations and more information.
- Tai Chi in Barton, Barton Senior Center 525-4400 Every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00 a.m. Gentle Sun style Tai Chi. Routines that are safe and easy to learn, suitable or eery fitness level.
- Tai Chi in Glover, Glover Town Hall grecreation.org or 525-6227 This is sponsored by Glover Recreation Dept.
- TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly), Barton Library 525-3685 Every Monday at Barton Public Library. Weigh-ins 5 – 5:45 p.m. meeting from 5:45 – 6:30 p.m.
- TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly), Island Pond 723-6039 or 723-4922 Every Monday at Island Pond Public Library. Weigh-ins 4:30 to 4:45 p.m., meeting from 4:45 to 5:30 p.m.
- Yoga in Glover, Glover Town Hall 626-4759 (Tina) or moonriseyoga.wix.com/moonriseyoga For a schedule please refer to website. $10/class, $45/5 classes with sliding scale available. Supports Glover Recreation. Beginners welcome.