We’re ready when you’re ready.
What we are doing at North Country Hospital to combat COVID-19
We have a sharp set of best practices and incredible teams that help us mobilize quickly. In our continuing efforts to address COVID-19, North Country Hospital Hospital has implemented the following changes:
On May 4, 2020, Governor Phil Scott announced limited elective procedures could resume, which had previously been put on hold as Vermont’s health care system focused on preparing for, and responding to, COVID-19.
We are happy to announce that we are again performing some procedures. We remain vigilant when it comes to screening, visitor restrictions, masking, as well as guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Vermont Department of Health.
All Outpatient Services remain open with patients being greeted and screened by a staff person upon entering. Again, visitors will be asked not to enter unless special circumstances apply. Outpatients can use the Main Hospital Entrance.
Temporary visitor policy
To help ensure a safe care environment and limit possible exposure to coronavirus, we have modified our visitor policy temporarily.
- All visitors and vendors will be screened for illness and asked specific questions.
- No Visitors are permitted in any area of the hospital, in practices or clinics
- 1 visitor with a patient in labor and post-delivery
- 1 visitor with a minor patient
- 1 visitor with a patient who has a need for direct assistance
- A single parent with more than one child
All non-essential elective procedures are postponed. All essential procedures, emergency and urgent, will be performed. All patients affected by this change will be contacted to reschedule.
We have suspended the following services:
- Volunteer Services
- All outside meetings and support groups, as well as non-essential internal meetings, have been canceled.
To date, we have NOT had a patient with COVID-19 who requires hospitalization. If that does arise, they will be cared for in isolated areas of the hospital, so we can safely provide continuous care for other medical needs.
As always, we are here when you need us.
-North Country Hospital