People wanting the COVID vaccine can get them at our local pharmacies, through your Primary Care Provider, and/or look for clinics on the Vermont Department of Health website.
Important Visitor and Vendor Information
Revised visitor policy as of Sept 4, 2022
NCH recognizes how important visitors and support persons are for our patients.
Support person guidelines to keep in mind:
- All patients, support persons, and employees are required to wear face coverings when in public areas.
Patients and support persons are allowed to remove their face coverings when in a private room unless an employee instructs them to put it back on. Face masks (medical or cloth) are recommended. Bandanas, scarves, and face shields are accepted for those who cannot wear a mask. Masks and face shields are available at the entrances.
- All patients and support persons are encouraged to hand sanitize when entering and exiting our buildings.
- Support persons with fever, cough, or shortness of breath should seek medical care before visiting.
- Support persons should think should consider video or audio calls instead of visiting in person if their loved one is vulnerable to severe illness or if their loved one is in airborne or contact precautions.
- Support persons may eat in the cafeteria.
- The formal visiting hours are from 8 am to 8 pm.
- The patient care team will make decisions about end-of-life situations.
Support persons visiting COVID positive patients:
- Limited to one support person at a time
- Limited to essential persons such as those helping with patient care
- Persons at high risk for severe illness are discouraged from visiting
- Should go directly to the patient room and not go to other places in the building
- Encouraged to wear PPE: gloves, gowns, face mask while visiting. Staff will assist as needed.
- Support persons will be instructed to leave if impeding patient care and in the case of aerosol-generating procedures.