Masters of Medical Sciences in Physician Assistant, Tufts University School of Medicine
• Expected date of graduation: January 27th 2018
• Current cumulative GPA: 3.95
BA in Biology, cum laude, University of Vermont, May 2012
• Cumulative GPA: 3.75
• Dean’s List: Fall 2008, Spring 2009, Spring 2010, Fall 2011
• Mortar Board Honor Society
• National Society of Collegiate Scholars
September 2009 – May 2012
PREMEDICAL ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM (PEP) – Highly selective program at the University of Vermont for premedical students.
• Shadowed Susan MacLennan, M.D. a plastic and reconstructive surgeon in the clinic and operating room.
• Shadowed Patricia Fisher, M.D. a family care physician at the Burlington Community Health Center and Safe Harbor Health Center. Interviewed/triaged a diverse patient population.
• Shadowed Dr. Garrett Applebee in a sleep medicine clinic.
• Attended ground rounds at Fletcher Allen Health Care on several different topics.
November 2010 – May 2012
UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH – Department of Pathology, Environmental Pathology, University of Vermont College of Medicine
PI: Arti Shukla, Ph.D.
Research focus: The molecular basis of asbestos-induced diseases including mesothelioma and lung cancer.
• Recipient of Undergraduate Research Grant from the University of Vermont
• Personal Undergraduate Research Project Focus: protein expression of the CREB phosphatase PTEN in MM cell lines
• Presented at the University of Vermont Undergraduate/Graduate Research Conference
• Contributing author: manuscript “CREB-induced inflammation is important for malignant mesothelioma growth” published in the American Journal of Pathology, October 2014.
October 2013 – June 2014
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN BASIC – Shelburne Rescue, Shelburne Vermont
• Provided patient care as a fourth crew member 48 hours/month. Held national certification and regional certification, within the state of Vermont, at the EMT level.
Summer 2009 & Summer 2011
MEDLIFE MEDICAL CLINICS – Traveled to Ecuador with the University of Vermont to assist in the delivery of primary care services to underserved communities of rural Ecuador.
Fall 2010-Fall 2011
SURGICAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT LIAISON – University of Vermont Medical Center
• Acted as a liaison between SICU nurses and SICU patient visitors. Coordinated appropriate times for families, to visit with their loved ones.
Fall 2008-Fall 2009
TAYLOR HOSPITALITY ROOM SUPERVISOR – Maintained physical space and provided support to the family and friends of patients.
INTERVARSITY: KATRINA RELIEF URBAN PLUNGE (KRUP), Habitat for Humanity – Volunteer trip to New Orleans, Louisiana