October is Physical Therapy month. It is a good time to remind people what Physical Therapy can offer our community. Did you know a Physical Therapist can help not only with diagnosing but with treating many issues that people experience throughout life? Here is a quick list; we’ll start with the most common and end with some that may surprise you.
- Injuries or pain in your foot, ankle, knee, hip, back, neck, shoulder, and elbow.
- Post-surgical rehab-knee or hip replacements, fracture repair, shoulder surgery, knee surgery, etc.
- Balance and walking problems
- Jaw pain
- Vertigo (the room is spinning when you move a certain way)
- Wounds- North Country hospital has two certified wound specialists that can treat a variety of wounds
- Lymphedema (arm or leg is swollen all the time, usually related to cancer surgery/treatments or poor leg circulation) North Country Hospital has two certified lymphedema specialists.
If you, or someone you know, is experiencing any of the above problems, please contact your doctor and ask for a Physical Therapy referral. One of the Physical Therapists at North Country Hospital would love to guide you back to the peak of your health. Call 802-334-3270 if you have any questions about physical therapy or if you would like to make an appointment.
Sarah Hardin, PT, CWS is a physical therapist, certified wound therapist and certified lymphedema therapist who works at North Country Hospital with 18 years of experience